South Asian Institute for Advanced Research and Development (SAIARD), an ISO 9001:2015 & MSME (Govt. of India) certified and registered under NITI Aayog, Govt. of India (Unique Id Code: WB/2019/0237959) & CSR (Registration No.: CSR00033023) – premier academic cum research institution, formed in Kolkata under the Trustee Registration Act (Reg. No- 163000060, 2019; UAM No- WB10E0019172 ) of Govt. of India with a motto to spread the arena of research throughout the world particularly focusing on the major issues of the South Asian region.
SAIARD, a Research and Knowledge hub, has started its journey with a broad vision and objectives to promote research, advocacy, education and innovative ideas through publication, various outreach programmes, collaborations and partnerships for sustainable and cognitive development of this region. As well as to provide skill-based education to the students and make them employable and strengthening the hands of both public and private sectors by providing all-round supports. The basic purpose of this institution is to focus on the all-round academic development especially for our students to find out a platform for their future endeavours. For that purpose, SAIARD adopts a community-based approach through various training, education, awareness and entrepreneurship programmes, enriching with the modern phase of technological innovations. SAIARD emphasizes more on policy-based research interventions on multi-disciplinary issues related to environment and socio-economic aspects and sharing far-seeing ideas for the betterment of society and humanity.
In case of academic part, through its various academic centres SAIARD has conducted several Certificate & Diploma courses under the are affiliated/certification of Vidyasagar University, a Govt. West Bengal & UGC recognised state university in West Bengal and Ph.D. prgrammes also under the certification of Mansarovar Global University, UGC recognised university in Bhopal, M.P. India.
On 1st September, 2021, both National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India and National Institute of Urban Affairs, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Govt of India has signed an MOU with SAIARD and declared their REGIONAL CAPACITY BUILDING CENTRE OF EASTERN & NORTH-EASTERN INDIA.
- To undertake, aid, promotes and coordinate research at the interdisciplinary level and to spread the arena of research throughout the world, especially focusing on the South Asian countries, by pursuing some academic activities.
- To do some academic and social activities for the community development, sustainable management, biodiversity conservation, gender empowerment and at the various fields related to science and technology.
- To provide academic and professional guidance and consultancy services to any Govt. and Non-Govt. organisations, academic institutions, personal or professional researchers and other organisations related to industry, trade and business.
- To expand the area of knowledge through collaboration with any Govt. and Non-Govt. organisations, academic institutions like schools, college, universities etc., different management institutes, non-government organisations, even industry or business/corporate houses in Indian and abroad, in such a manner as may be necessary for the promotion of the objectives of the institution.
- To organise awareness camps, seminar/conferences (National and International), workshops, training programmes, even training courses (Certificate/PG/Diploma/Degree) to enhance the quality and capability of both faculties and the students.
- To act as a storehouse of ideas and information for the future development of the society and to as a data bank for both the academic or non-academic institutions throughout the worlds.
- To publish research papers in journals, periodicals and books for the betterment of the society and to expand the arena of research.
- To conduct various projects (national and foreign; government and non-government) for enhancing the quality of both the research fields and the researchers and for the societal development.
- To open chapter anywhere in India or abroad particularly focusing on the regional development and to generate employment opportunities.
- To secure and accept the grants-in-aid, donations, gifts, endowments from any willing parties on a mutually agreed basis for the development of the institution.
- To undertake all such activities and programmes anywhere in India and abroad that may assist the promotion of SAIARD’s objectives.