SAIARD Ph.D Programme
A constant endeavour towards innovation coupled with a powerful spirit of research has been the hallmark of SAIARD since its formation. With this all set efforts South Asian Institute for Advanced Research and Development (SAIARD) is offering Ph.D. program in specialised fields which have wide opportunities for research. Candidates who will enroll for SAIARD Ph.D Program will be registered under MANSAROVAR GLOBAL UNIVERSITY, Bhopal, India.
Broad Areas of Research
Ph.D Program Overview
Mode of Ph.D.: Full Time/Part Time
Eligibility: Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point in relevant subject and NET/SET/SLET as per UGC norms.
Selection Procedure: Personal Interview as per UGC norms.
Course Duration: Min. 3 years to Max. 4 years
- Course work is mandatory for all the selected candidates. Candidates have to complete the Ph.D. Coursework complying with the minimum attendance norms as per the UGC norms.
- SAIARD will provide the date and time of course works to selected candidates through mail.
- After the completion of course work candidates have to give examination which will be organized and held at Mansarovar Global University, Bhopal campus. SAIARD will convey the date and time provided by the university to the candidates on time.
- Completion of Coursework doesn’t guarantee the allocation of supervisor (s).Supervisor(s) is/ are allotted by the Departmental PhD Committee if there exist/s any vacancy of scholar(s).
- Supervisors allotted on behalf of SAIARD will be the Co-Supervisor. Principal Supervisor will be allotted on behalf of University
Documents Required during Admission
Provisionally selected candidates will be required to submit the following documents at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
1) Marksheets and certificates of Class 10, Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent, Graduation and Post-Graduation
2) Migration Certificate
3) JRF/NET(UGC/CSIR), GATE, GPAT, SLET / other test admit card and Score card (if applicable)
4) No Objection Certificate from Employer (for sponsored/employed candidates only)
5) One recent colour passport size photograph, identical to that upload in the application form
6) Photo identification: Aadhar Card
7) Write up (1-2 pages) on proposed area of research mentioning the concept, research questions, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes.
** Sponsored/Employed Candidates: Candidates who are employed in recognized Educational Institutes / Universities / Colleges or in Government / Defence / Research Laboratories OR in Industry must submit their applications in prescribed form, along with a) Letter of Sponsorship and b) No Objection Certificate from their Organization c) Experience certificate. They must also appear for the Interviews and have to do the Ph.D. course works and course work examination.
1. Prof. (Dr.) Ashis Sarkar, WBES, Former Professor & Head, Dept of Geography, Presidency University (Formerly College), Kolkata
2. Dr Manisha Deb Sarkar, Former Associate Professor, Women’s Christian College, Kolkata
3. Dr Tapati Banerjee, Director, National Atlas & Thematic Mapping Organisation, Govt. of India
4. Prof. Uttam Bhattacharya, Former Professor, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata, Kolkata
5. Dr Sumanta Datta, Assistant Professor in Commerce, St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
6. Dr. Soumya Saha, Assistant Professor in Commerce, Vivekananda Mission Mahavidyalaya, Midnapore, West Bengal
7. Dr. Rajib Bhattacharya, Associate Professor in Finance and Management, International School of Business and Media, Kolkata
8. Prof. Sonia Jasrotia, Faculty, Centre for Socio-Cultural Studies and Research, SAIARD and Former Visiting Professor at PSRB University, Cambodia
9. Dr Bhaswati Chatterjee, Associate Professor in History, Vidyasagar College, Kolkata
10. Prof. Sutapa Chaudhari, Ph.D.,D.Sc.,FRMS, Retd. Prof in Atmospheric Sciences, Calcutta University, Kolkata
11. Dr Javed Akhter, Formerly Project Scientist-C, IITM – Pune & Formerly DST-INSPIRE Fellow, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
12. Dr Debanjana Das, Ph.D, Visiting Faculty. George Mason University, USA and Former Guest Faculty, Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences, Calcutta University, Kolkata
13. Dr Amit Krishna De, Advisor and Former Executive Secretary, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), Kolkata, a Govt.of India organisation
14. Dr. Jayati Das, Associate Professor in Geography, Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata
15. Dr. Pranam Dhar, Professor, Dept. of Commerce & Management, West Bengal State University, West Bengal
16. Prof. Manoj Kr. Mishra, Professor of Economics and Research Methods, SRGI, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, India
** Category-1 Science/Humanities/Literature/Commerce/Finance/Economics : 3,50,000/- (Excluding Admission Processing Fees & Caution Money Deposit)
** Category-2: Media Science/Management/Industry : 3,70,000/- (Excluding Admission Processing Fees & Caution Money Deposit)
Application Processing Fees
Course Work Fees
Caution Money Deposit
First to Sixth Semester
First to Sixth Semester
Media Science /Management/Industry
Thesis Evaluation & Viva-Voce Fees
From Sixth Semester to next 2 Semester
· All these fees are non-refundable except the Caution Money (which will be returned after the candidate will get awarded) and will cater only one registration period i.e. 3 years from the date of enrolment. Candidates will get some discounts in their semester fees if they continue their work upto 4th year but from the 5th year candidates have to re-registrar themselves with total registration fees.
Exceptional research scholars may get opportunities to avail scholarships during their research periods on the basis of their outstanding performances.
** Terms & Conditions Apply